Vacancy Announcement: Research Assistant/ Junior Research Scientist
Published on: 02 Sep, 2023
Global Public Health Research Foundation (GPHRF) is a non-profit organization which aims to improve population health at the global and national levels. Here at GPHRF we deliver evidence in healthcare through high-quality research and promote healthy lifestyle. GPHRF is committed to enhancing research capacity to address broad challenges in global health including maternal and child health, epidemiology, environmental health, food safety and quality control, evidence synthesis, health economics, and universal health coverage. To deliver this mission, GPHRF is dedicated to the creation of cutting-edge leading research; invention of active partnerships with the government, NGOs, and the public; extensive dissemination of policy appropriate findings; and training of tomorrow’s students, researchers, and professionals.
Post: Research Assistant/ Junior Research Scientist (Position will be assigned based on the qualifications and experiences)
Objective: Support to conduct of scientific research on public health issues within the strategy of GPHRF
Duty station - Dhaka
No. of vacancy - 2 posts
- Contribute to data collection tool development, e.g., questionnaire development, survey planning, translation, questionnaire designing in Survey Solution or other online platforms
- Field visits as per plan developed by supervisor; interviewing respondents, validate information with supervisor and escalate any issues
- Communicate with authority of government health facilities, and community members; to conduct survey and qualitative interview
- Work with supervisor as necessary in terms of preparing study documents
- Tracking project results
- Prepare progress reports (monthly, quarterly, semester and annual) for the PI and funding agency
- Prepare other articles, reports, and presentations
- Facilitate focus group discussion (FGD) and key informants interview (KII)
- Data collection, and supervision of field enumerators
- Data cleaning and data quality assurance
- Calibrate and maintain equipment and tablet PCs
- Manage and respond to project related emails
- Assist to organize workshops, seminars and other meetings
- Support Principal Investigator to implement project;
- Ensure quality assurance during data collection;
- Train study team on contents of questionnaires;
- Supervise data collection process, data compilation for field monitoring ;
- Participate in staff meetings and provide necessary instructions to project staffs;
- Prepare documentation and share it with supervisor routinely in order to execute activities in accordance with research protocol.
Scientific Analysis and Report Writing:
- Provide conceptual insights to statisticians for data analysis as well as for elaborating results;
- Write and/or review manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals and where possible collaborate with scientists and academics;
- Discuss with all team members' initial reports together for consensus on findings;
- Prepare final reports and revise reports based on feedback received from supervisor in order to support scientific manuscript creation while developing one's own scientific writing abilities.
Required educational qualifications-
- MSc in Statistics/Applied Statistics/Public Health (Thesis preferable).
- At least 1-2 years of research experience (post-graduate research is applicable), including drafting publishable papers, conducting literature reviews, data compilation, and analysis;
- Must have sound knowledge on Microsoft Office, Stata, SPSS, R, Epi-Info, Survey Solutions, Surveybe software etc;
- Preference will be given to those having work experience in public health project/research activities;
- Proven experience in survey design using CAPI based software (Survey solution, OKD, CTO etc), data collection, and both qualitative and quantitative techniques will be an advantage;
- Strong publication record in national or international peer-reviewed journals in a relevant field is an advantage;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and oral (Higher IELTS score is an advantage);
- At least intermediate level knowledge on applied statistics;
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills;
- Must be experienced in both qualitative and quantitative data collection and management;
- Fluent at speaking and writing in English.
If you think you are eligible for this position, please follow the link and fill out the necessary form, and submit the necessary documents.
Application deadline: September 12, 2023
For Further inquiry:
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (No inquiries by telephone)
The initial contract will be for a period of 1 year (the first three months will be considered as a probationary period). The job contract will be extended depending on satisfactory performance.
Gross BDT 20,000-35,000 (Negotiable based on position and experience) per month for the entire period which would be payable based on work progress evaluation).
Notes of attention:
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive any email regarding "shortlist" by 25th September 2023, please consider that you are not shortlisted.
- The Organization reserves the right to make an appointment at a grade lower/higher than that advertised position based on skills and qualifications.
- GPHRF does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
- GPHRF is a smoke-free office.
- No email submissions will be accepted.