World Leprosy Day 2021
Event on: 31 Jan, 2021
World Leprosy Eradication Day (January 31, 2021)
- Leprosy is a disfiguring chronic infectious disease.
- Spread via nasal droplets.
- Affects the skin, nerves, hands, feet, and face.
- (Symptoms – with pictures -> like WLD_4 & WLD_9)
- New cases still occur with over 200,000 people diagnosed each year globally.
- Leprosy is completely CURABLE and TREATABLE with early detection.
- Let’s join hands for a leprosy-free world & break the myth against the social stigma.